Last updated October 2011.
Site terms and conditions
YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. USING THE WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER WITH US. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE. YOU SHOULD ALSO READ THE CONDITIONS ABOUT EACH SERVICE ON THIS WEBSITE.
Last updated October 2011.
- INTRODUCTION 1.1 You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website may require you to register. 1.2 By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave the Website immediately. 1.3 We may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
- LICENCE 2.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use on the following basis: (a) no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way; (b) no graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text; and (c) our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies. 2.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from the Website other than in accordance with clause 2.1 for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website. 2.3 Subject to clause 2.1, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission. 2.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- SERVICE ACCESS 3.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. 3.2 Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES 5.1 Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. We have not necessarily reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk. 5.2 If you would like to link to the Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions: (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the any images or logos; (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website; (c) you do not in any way imply that the we are endorsing any products or services other than our own; d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us; (e) you do not otherwise use any trade marks displayed on the Website without our express written permission; (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations. 5.3 We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in clause 5.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate. 5.4 You fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered by us due to a breach by you of clause 5.2.
- REGISTRATION 6.1 Where you are invited to register for any part of this Website, each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. 6.2 Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
- DISCLAIMER 7.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. We may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material. 7.2 The material on the Website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Website is provided on the basis that we excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation any conditions implied by law) which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
- LIABILITY 8.1 The following clauses exclude or limit our legal liability for this Website. You should read them carefully. They all apply only as far as the law permits, and in particular we do not intend to affect our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or the rules and regulations for the conduct of business under this Act. 8.2 This Website contains a large amount of complex information. We have tried to make it as clear, easy to use and as accurate as possible. However we disclaim all express or implied warranties that this Website is accurate, complete, or up to date. We will have no liability to you if it is not. 8.3 The fact that information, products or services may be shown on this Website does not necessarily mean that: (a) you should rely on the information (whether provided by us or third parties); (b) we endorse the information, products or services provided by third parties; or (c) the product and services that we provide are suitable for you. It is your responsibility to check this out. Some of the services on this Website may not be available or may have changed. 8.4 Please remember that email is not a completely secure means of communication: it may be possible for others to intercept and read your messages. So if you choose to send us information by email, it is at your own risk. 8.5 We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website) exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website. 8.6 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or (b) fraud; or (c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. 8.7 If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- REGISTERED OFFICE Lloyds Bank plc, whose registered office is at 25 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HN, trading as Lloyds Bank Cardnet, at Lloyds Banking Group, Phoenix House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EZ
(the "Website") IS AN OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF LLOYDS BANK PLC trading as CARDNET ("we" or "us"). Lloyds Bank plc is a member of the Lloyds Banking Group.
The Lloyds Banking Group includes a number of other companies using brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland, and their associated companies.
More information on the Lloyds Banking Group can be found at www.lloydsbankinggroup.com